You Roof Repair Greenville
Is a Metal Roof Worth the Investment?
Homeowners should look beyond the price when researching roofing options. So you can see exactly what your dollar can buy, we've broken down the benefits and disadvantages of a metal roof.
Advantages of metal roofing
- Metal panels are extremely durable. Metal roofs are extremely weather and wind-resistant. This eliminates the worry of losing tiles or shingles in a storm.
- Metal roofs have high fire safety. Metal roofs won't lighten or feed flames like traditional roofing materials.
- Metal roofs reflect light which means less energy consumption. You may notice a decrease in energy costs if your roof reflects sunlight.
- Metal roofs are the best long-lasting roof system. A well-installed metal roof will last for 40 to 70 years without any maintenance.
- Metal is highly customizable to create the look you want for your home. You can choose from a variety of specialty metals (e.g. copper, zinc, aluminum, etc.) Along with paint colors, and finishes.
- Metal roofs are resistant to erosion, which is especially important in coastal climates. Traditional roofing materials such as shingles can be damaged by saltwater and sand in tropical environments much quicker than roofs that are in dry conditions.
- Metal is a special roof material and is, therefore, more easily available than other roofing materials such as shingles. Metal has a shorter lead time than conventional materials, which means that your project will take longer to get started. Metal will come faster than shingles if you are ready to start your project.
Advantages of Metal Roofing
- Metal panels are a costly material. Hiring a roofer to install them with proper training and resources is also an expense.
- If not properly insulated, a metal roof can become loud during storms. You should think about your insulation options if you plan to install metal roofs on your home in an area that is more susceptible to storms.
- Incorrect installation could lead to financial problems in the long term due to issues like metal panel expansion and contraction. This roof system should be installed by experienced roofers.
Metal roofing has many benefits, but each home and homeowner is different. Contact our team if you have any questions about metal roofing and how it compares to other options.
Greenville Roofing Masters
(252) 436 8250